Assisted living communities are designed for seniors who want to maintain their independence and freedom while receiving daily support with self-care activities. When it comes to performing the activities of daily living, such as bathing, dressing, and grooming, assisted living communities offer a helping hand for residents whenever they need it. While team members are available for 24/7 support and access to care, the goal of assisted living communities is to encourage residents to remain as independent as possible.
One of the best features about assisted living is the wealth of convenient services and amenities offered to residents. With housekeeping and maintenance included, seniors have more time to enjoy a vibrant lifestyle, including engaging life enrichment programs and a menu of chef-planned meals to savor. There can be a wide variety of services and amenities offered among assisted living communities. Services typically include:
Most communities offer varying levels of care to ensure that each person is receiving the assistance they need. Typically, assessments are done at regular intervals so that each resident has an updated individual plan of care in place.
How do you know whether assisted living is right for you or your loved one? Knowing when the time is right can be a challenge because everyone’s situation is unique. Individual communities have their own criteria for determining who is best suited for assisted living services. In general, here are five signs that it might be time to consider an assisted living community. If you are researching for your loved one, ask yourself if they experience the following situations:
1. You feel a sense of loneliness or isolation. The best assisted living communities offer a variety of social, recreational and wellness activities to help keep you engaged and active.
2. You find yourself needing more help every day. If your family or friends aren’t able to help with the activities of daily living, the team at an assisted living community near you would be happy to support you.
3. You’re tired of maintaining your home. If you’ve done your fair share of cleaning, cooking, and laundry and you’re ready for a change, assisted living would be a good option.
4. You’re concerned about your safety. For seniors with limited mobility, staying safe at home could be an issue. If you’ve experienced a fall or there are safety hazards at home, assisted living offers 24/7 care in case something happens.
5. You no longer drive or have trouble driving. Assisted living communities offer transportation services, so you won’t have to rely on friends and family to get you where you need to go.
At Dayspring Villa, we offer all the amenities of apartment living and the extra compassionate assisted living support needed to enjoy life to its fullest. Our warm and friendly assisted living community is conveniently located near downtown Denver, just blocks from beautiful Sloan’s Lake Park.
We invite you to see how Life Shines Brighter at Dayspring Villa by scheduling a personal tour of our assisted living community. Let us show you all Dayspring Villa has to offer! Contact us today by completing the form below or giving us a call at 720-770-3553.